MD
Posted By
Marc_Dahmen
Oct 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought a G4 Quicksilver from my office to replace my archaic G3. The G4 is running OS 10.3.9, the G3 was running OS 9.2. I have an older HP Scanjet 4c which worked great in OS 9.2 using the Scanjet software and/or TWAIN plugin. The scanner is hooked up to the G4 via a SCSI cable.

The software that came with the scanner is old and will only work and install on OS 9. I contacted HP and they have no drivers or support to get this scanner to work on OS 10 via a SCSI connection. So I’m here at the Adobe forum to find out if anyone knows what kind of software or plug-in I can purchae or download to get this thing to work.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Oct 1, 2006
Scanning inside Photoshop is a waste of resources, a most inefficient way of working in OS X.

By using a third-party stand-alone scanning utility like VueScan and Silverfast, you can continue working on other things in Photoshop while scanning at the same time.

Check out <http://www.hamrick.com/> to see if your scanner is supported or not.
JS
John_Slate
Oct 2, 2006
You will have to do what I do.

Use the software that came with your ScanJet running the program in Classic Mode.

Scan to your hard drive, then switch to Photoshop, open and take it from there.
MD
Marc_Dahmen
Oct 2, 2006
Thank you both.

I will try Ramón’s suggestion first. Hopefully, I can find some kind of software that will prevent me from having to go into Classic to scan.

Thanks for your suggestions as well, John. If push comes to shove, I’ll scan in Classic.
B
Buko
Oct 2, 2006
I use VueScan with my Umax 1200s
MD
Marc_Dahmen
Oct 2, 2006
Thanks to everyone. VueScan did the trick. It detected my older HP Scanjet 4c (hooked up via SCSI) on my G4 Quicksilver running 10.3.9. Everything works fine.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections