Posted By
uzapuca
Nov 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys,

It is posible to have layers linked in a photoshop montage? so if I transform the images outside it will automatically update in the photomontage.

On the other hand, which is the command or tool to insert images Smart Images (i believe something like that from spanish) so if you strech or resample while working it will not loose pixel quality.

Thanks for any help and best.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PG
Pat_Gilmour
Nov 21, 2006
uzapuca,

What you need are Smart Objects.

You can make a Smart Object from any layer, layers or group of layers already within a Photoshop files by using the fly-out menu in the Layers Palette. This is also found in the Layer>Smart Object… menu.

You can also create Smart objects by placing files in your Photoshop file by using File>Place… command. You can, for example, place .PSD, .PDF or .AI files into your .PSD Note however that these files-within-a-file are no longer the original files on disk – they are now embedded files in the Photoshop document. If you want to link to actual files you’re better off with InDesign or, I beleive, Illustrator.

Once the objects are in the .PSD file you can edit these embedded images (or illustrations or PDFs etc.) by double clicking on the Smart Object icon on that object’s layer in the Layers Palette. It will open in a new window and have all the layers etc. of the original document. Once you’ve finished editing, save it and it will update the object in the file you opened it from.

Pat
U
uzapuca
Dec 3, 2006
Hi Pat, Thanks for your detailed answer and sorry for the late reply, somehow I lost the message tracking (and my computer for a while but tha t is another story) for sometime. It is interesting what you say about Smart Objects, but it is a pity that does not work for jpg files as well. I mean to have a very fast workflow when you are pasting files quickly.

Thanks again and best.

Sebastiao

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections