ES
Posted By
Eike_Schroter
Nov 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I batch process previously unopened Canon JPEG’s, the JPEG Options window opens when saving the JPEG, asking me to indicate what quality of JPEG I want to save it as. I don’t know how to get around that, and it does it with every image, even though I recorded the save as command in the action.

What I thought I could do with batch processing is to record an action and then apply that action to a selection of images and the let it do that action to all of them. I can do this with RAW files, or with Tiffs, and previously opened JPEGS.
Any ideas please??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
Hexebah
Nov 21, 2006
Eike – Try checking the Override Action "Save As" Commands check box, in the Batch options dialog.

Select a Destination folder and you should be good to go.

Chip
ES
Eike_Schroter
Nov 21, 2006
Thanks Chip,
but I did that and just tried it again, and the JPEG Options dialogue box opens up for each JPEG, requiring me to be present and click ‘OK’.
This only happens with previously un opened JPEG’s I have taken with all my Canon digital cameras.
H
Hexebah
Nov 21, 2006
You will have needed to record a "Save As" step in your Action. Failing this I’m not sure what’s going on? My wife has a couple of Canon’s so I’ll get her to shoot some jpg’s (she never shoots JPG) for me to see if I can replicate the problem.
ES
Eike_Schroter
Nov 23, 2006
Thank you Chip,

I do record a "Save As" step in my action and it still opens the Jpeg Options dialogue. This happened on my other mac too, and in both Photoshop CS and CS2.

I used to be able to just put a heavy object on the ‘return’ button in CS, and it would respond to the Jpeg Options dialogue box. Now in CS2, when I do that, it makes an additional request for the Jpeg quality number to be typed in.

Woe is me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections