EG
Posted By
Emma_Glaisher
Feb 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to open a load of files, change resolution to 100dpi and resave to another folder with ‘LR’ inserted before the suffix (or at end of file name if there is no suffix).

I suspect I need to go to ‘automate’ and ‘batch’. But do I need to make each stage an Action first? And how do I make it calculate the file name? I tried recording an Action, but that hardwired the file name.

Or should I be doing the whole thing in AppleScript? I’m actually more comfortable in AS but it may be overkill if Photoshop has the tools built in to do this.

Sorry for very basic question….

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EG
Emma_Glaisher
Feb 15, 2007
Sometimes just asking the question helps… I think what I need is an Action (Image Size and Save) and then a droplet.

BUT, I want the file type unchanged – so if the source was a tiff, I want to save as a tiff, or if an eps save as eps. And I want the ‘LR’ before the extension, if there was one. I don’t want an extension adding if the original didn’t have one.

This is all ugly and would be solved if the customer adopted some strict conventions on file type and naming, but they don’t and I’m new to this department and not in a position to lay down the law yet! But I think I can help them out by automating one or 2 processes…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections