SS
Posted By
sebastian_stephenson
Dec 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
reinstalled Photoshop today and it opened and it said the the serial number is missing or invalid I know for a fact its in invalid can anyone help please thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Dec 3, 2006
What version of Photoshop? (Just to know whether activation is at issue here or not.)

Are you sure you’re not mistyping any character when reading from the label containing your serial number? It’s easy to mistake a zero for a letter o, for instance.

If you don’t have the original media, where are you getting the serial number from? Some versions only show you a partial serial number on the splash screen, knocking off four digits.

If everything fails, contact Customer Service (NOT "tech support"!). They will check on your registration for you, if your copy is registered, as it should be.

Use the Contact button at the top of this page to get the phone number.
B
Buko
Dec 3, 2006
I know for a fact its in invalid can anyone help please thanks

If its invalid then you are out of luck.
R
Ram
Dec 3, 2006
Buko,

I had assumed that was a typo. If it’s not a valid number, forget all I said.
SS
sebastian_stephenson
Dec 3, 2006
cs 2

am copy and ptasleing the serial number form mail ( note: its a download)
R
Ram
Dec 3, 2006
Then you have to have call Customer Service as explained above.
P
Phosphor
Dec 3, 2006
Don’t copy and paste.

Try entering your S/N manually.
S
SteveV
Dec 4, 2006
And lower case i at the beginning of a sentence makes it italic and you lose the i.
K
kiwigray
Dec 6, 2006
Is everyone saying if you don’t register the program you are likely to get this message at start up saying the name and seial # cannot be found. The funny thing is that when you fire up PS the first screen displays the name and serial #. Why then does this message come up afater PS has gone through the startup procedure.
B
Buko
Dec 6, 2006
If you don’t register you are not entitled to updates and such. If someone were to steal your number and register because you didn’t you would be out of luck.

about the serial number being invalid you need to talk to Customer service.
R
Ram
Dec 6, 2006
CS2 requires activation. You must register AND activate the software.
R
Ram
Dec 6, 2006
If anybody anywhere on the planet has already used that serial number to activate it, you won’t be able to use Photoshop.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections