MP
Posted By
Marshall_Ponzi
Dec 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any ideas how I can make PS2 and Bridge to "quit" properly? Whether I use Bridge alone or launched form PS2, I must "Force Quit" both apps every time. If I use PS2 without ever launching Bridge, it occasionally quits properly.

I’m running OS-10.4.8 on a Mac Pro (Intel) w/3GB ram. Maybe it’s a Rosetta issue?

Thanks,

Marsh

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PT
Phillip_Torbert
Dec 6, 2006
I’m having the same issue on a MacBook Pro running 10.4.8; Photoshop starts faster for me now and is more responsive, but every time I have to force quit it or it hangs. I’m not sure if it was the 10.4.8 update that caused this problem or not. I hadn’t had any problems until yesterday, and I hadn’t installed anything or changed any configurations for the last few weeks.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 6, 2006
Perhaps you installed the latest Security Update?
There appear to be some problems with it so I am not planning to install it for the moment.

Run Repair Permissions and see if that helps.
B
Buko
Dec 6, 2006
Ann I don’t have any problems with the update on my G5 or G4 iBook.
R
Ram
Dec 6, 2006
I don’t have any problems with the update on my G5 or G4 iBook.

Neither do I on my G4.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 7, 2006
I am glad that neither of you have run into problems but there have been so many adverse reports on MacFixit that I decided to just give "Security Update 2006-007" a miss.

<http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20061205235436784>
MP
Marshall_Ponzi
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks for the tips. I’ll try some of the things suggested here.

I’m pretty sure the problem is with Bridge, as it only happens when I use Bridge with or without PS. I may try reinstalling bridge too.

Thanks,

Marshall
B
Buko
Dec 8, 2006
I would be more inclined to center the blame on Rosetta or a corrupt system or user account. as I have never had your problem.
MP
Marshall_Ponzi
Dec 8, 2006
I uninstalled and reinstalled PS and Bridge. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks.
LA
Larry_Auerbach
Dec 11, 2006
I’m having the same issue on a dual G4 1GHz MDD Mac running Tiger 10.4.8 with the latest Security Update installed — needing to force-quit Photoshop/Bridge much of the time.

I don’t remember when this problem started–it could have been before I installed the Security update, but it sure ain’t Rosetta causing the problem on my old Mac.
MM
m_mckale
Dec 12, 2006
okay– i’m gonna be brave and show my ignorance… who is rosetta ?? 🙂 i’m feeling very out of the loop !!
JS
John_Slate
Dec 12, 2006
not who, what.

In layterms it is the name of the "software" that translates non-Universal Binary stuff (CS2 for example), for the new Intel Macs.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections