S
Posted By
sambwilliams
Oct 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Upon opening my copy of Photoshop CS2 (version 9.0), or if I click on Help / Updates …; I receive the following error:

Adobe Photoshop

(X) The Adobe Updater could not be started. Please reinstall the application and components.

I have tried completely uninstalling Photoshop and installing it again from the CD. This has not fixed the problem, and have had no luck with Adobe. Any help greatly appreciated.

Using Win XP Home, CS2 on a toshiba satellite pro. 1gb RAM, plenty of HDD space. Ask if you need any other details.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
JE
Oct 25, 2006
wrote in message
Upon opening my copy of Photoshop CS2 (version 9.0), or if I click on Help / Updates …; I receive the following error:

Adobe Photoshop

(X) The Adobe Updater could not be started. Please reinstall the application and components.

I have tried completely uninstalling Photoshop and installing it again from the CD. This has not fixed the problem, and have had no luck with Adobe. Any help greatly appreciated.

Using Win XP Home, CS2 on a toshiba satellite pro. 1gb RAM, plenty of HDD space. Ask if you need any other details.

Go here http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331634.html and follow the instructions. I had the same problem installing ps.
DM
Dave_McGrath
Nov 30, 2006
Same thing happened to me today. Haven’t found a fix yet. Uugh…
WM
Will_Mederski
Jan 2, 2007
Same thing just happened to me…
Let me know if you guys figured anything out.
DM
Dave_McGrath
Jan 2, 2007
Hi Will,

Its been over a month since I resolved this… anyways I called Adobe support and the tech was very helpful in narrowing down the problem. I believe we found there was a missing common files directory needed for the updater, but unfortunately I did not document this or take notes.

I believe we reference the following support tech notes to resolve this…

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331634.html>

Good luck!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections