Posted By
mesowetodit
Nov 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,

Which file(s) controls the fading during the slideshow of this particular gallery generator? During the slideshow, it does this bright white flash before slowly fading into the next picture. It gets annoying if your gallery has 100+ pictures and is very uneasy on the eyes. Any way to change the default white back color to a more soothing color, like black or something else?

I found the folder that contains the control files inside photoshop for this particular gallery:

== Here’s the path:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Web Photo Gallery\Flash – Gallery 1

== Here’s the files in it:
Caption.htm
flashobject.js
gallery.swf
gallerconfig.xml
IndexPage.htm
SubPage.htm
Thumbnail.htm

== I’ve found this file: galleryconfig.xml to be the file that may control the customization of the finalized gallery…I’ve tested this by editing this line:

!– hold time between each image —
var symboltype="number" name="showTime" value="1" /

== I’ve changed the value "4" to a "1" and this shortened the display time of each picture during the slideshow. Now all my final produced slideshows go a lot faster.

== I suspect this line in that same file has what I need, but I am unsure as to what to change in its value, I’ve put in there: "000000" for black color, but its not working:

!–color (in hex) of the main image preloader–
var symboltype="string" name="imagePreloadColor" value="000000" /

== Please understand I am not trying to change the entire gallary’s background color. It is the back color during the fading from one picture to the next when watching the slideshow is what I’m after. I’ve examined the preliminary configuration window in Photoshop before editing these files and couldn’t find what i need there. I’ve also searched the forums here and didn’t find anything related, also tried the help docs in Photoshop as well.

Thanks in advance for anything you folks can think of, this was too long of an explaination for phone support. But if I don’t get anything here, that would be my last resort. I’ll be sure to post the results if I go that route. THanks again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RC
Rene_Carson
Jan 20, 2007
I am having similar customization issues using the Flash Web Gallery. You will need to download the Source Files for the Flash Web Galleries. In searching to customize the info text that comes up on my images, I found the file that controls that transition effect. After downloading the source files, go to the _as folder. There are a series of files with the .AS extension. These control every aspect of that gallery. The file you need to modify is called "colorFadePrototypes.as". But beware! You will have to have some knowledge of actionscripting, and you will need to republish the FLA source file, which captures all updated data from the .AS files. I downloaded the source files from:

< http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2961>

Hope this helps.
GD
Gary_D_Rose
Jan 22, 2007
Anyone know if there is a place to download or purchase addition Flash galleries to add to photoshop?
M
mesowetodit
Jan 22, 2007
Hi,

I have not tried this yet. But I really appreciate
your reply. Thank you very much, i’ll be sure to let
you know if I try it.

Yang
GD
Gary_D_Rose
Jan 30, 2007
Anybody Know when the final of light room with be released and has there been any talk that it will be part of the final CS3?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jan 31, 2007
It is coming out 2/19. It will not be part of PS or the Creative Suite. Preorders are being accepted (mine is in).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections