Posted By
Stan_Horwitz
Dec 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi;

I am new to this forum. I tried searching everywhere I could think of, including Adobe’s web site for a solution to a problem printing. Nothing helps. Tonight, I printed a photo using Photoshop CS2. I then did the latest update to all the CS2 products. I want to print my photo again and it won’t work.

When I try to print the same photo, but with a few small adjustments, all I get in my console log is an error that says …

"Attempt to release a printing object without first doing a retain!!!"

and the print utility stops. This is on a Mac G5 with 3GB of RAM, plenty of disk space, and I am attempting to print to an Epson R1800 with 8.5"x11" Epson matte heavyweight paper.

I tried clearing out CUPS’ tmp files. Doing disk permissions, rebooting, and all I get is that error. I also tried saving the image as .jpg with maximum quality, then printing via the Preview utility. That didn’t work either, but this worked fine until I updated CS 2 so I think that’s the
cause of this problem.

How do I fix this problem?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Dec 21, 2006
Try installing the Epson R1800 driver again, then add the printer to your printer list.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections