CB
Posted By
Christopher_Barker
Dec 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have scoured the net, help documents, and forums looking for a way to keep my Photoshop palettes visible when I swith to a different program.

Applicable Specs:
Photoshop CS2 operating on Mac OS X 10.4.8.

I have a dual monitor setup and I am working through some tutorials on how to use photoshop. When I click over to the tutorial my palettes disappear making it hard to follow along with what I am reading because I can’t see what the tutorial is talking about.

I appreciate any advice that you might be able to give to make the palettes always visible.

-Chris

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Dec 22, 2006
When you switch to another app the pallets go away.

That’s how a Mac works
SF
Scott_Falkner
Dec 22, 2006
That’s how a Mac works

That’s how PS on the Mac works. other programs may handle their palette windows differently.
B
Bernie
Dec 22, 2006
Since you have two monitors.

Set yourself up so the tutorial is in one monitor and the PS palettes in the other, that way you can read the tut while doing stuff in PS
JM
John McWilliams
Dec 23, 2006
wrote:
I have scoured the net, help documents, and forums looking for a way to keep my Photoshop palettes visible when I swith to a different program.

Applicable Specs:
Photoshop CS2 operating on Mac OS X 10.4.8.

I have a dual monitor setup and I am working through some tutorials on how to use photoshop. When I click over to the tutorial my palettes disappear making it hard to follow along with what I am reading because I can’t see what the tutorial is talking about.

I appreciate any advice that you might be able to give to make the palettes always visible.

They’ll disappear as soon as you activate another application, as you discovered. So, after you go to the next page in the tutorial, for example, just hit Command-Tab till the PS icon is selected, and your PS tabs will be available.

John McWilliams
CB
Christopher_Barker
Dec 23, 2006
Buko, SF- I figured it was a no go for what I wanted to do.

CN- That is what I do most of the time, but I like to highlight and at notes to the tutorial as I read through it and everytime I jump over to Acrobat, good bye paletts.

Thanks for your replies.

Adobe, what would it take to ad a check box in the preferences pain to leave the palettes open?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections