Posted By
robert_held
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Embarrasingly silly question, but I am stuck with it:
When I bring 2 photos/pictures from the browser onto the screen (within their windows) I cannot bring BOTH into the layers palette. One of them appears in Layers as background. The moment I click on the second photo, it will show up as Background layer, but the first one is gone. How can I make sure that BOTH will go into the layer palette???- so I can then work on opacity etc. to combine them into one picture montage.
Second, unrelated question:
The square icon on the window of any image puts the picture on the screen on a grey background. When I press the reverse ‘crooked" arrow it does not revert to the little window as before, what it was when came from the Browser. Even the most complex action can be reversed with that ‘crooked’ arrow, why is this step cannot be?
Thanks in advance for all help. Robert Held

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
Byron Gale
Mar 4, 2004
Robert,

In reference to your first issue…

Each image has it’s own layer "stack", even if it is only just the background. When you switch images, the Layers palette shows the layers for that image.

To bring one image into another as a new layer, have both images open on your desktop and, using the Move tool, drag one image into the other’s window.

You can also do this from the Layers palette, by dragging the layer icon out of the palette and onto the target image window. Pressing SHIFT as you release the mouse button will auto-center the new layer.

Your second issue sounds like you are maximizing the image window, and then trying to restore it by using UNDO. That won’t work, as you know….

In Win98, when an image is maximized, a new set of window controls appears in the upper right of the program window, just below the main set. The center one (looks like two small squares overlapping) is the Restore icon, which will return the image window to the size it was before it was maximized.

If you’re using another version of Windows, the little icon may appear differently. If you’re on a Mac, I can’t help.

Good luck!

Byron
RH
robert_held
Mar 4, 2004
Dear Byron,
Thanks for the advice, I shall try it tonight – my "Adobe PE2 time" it will alllow me to progress, that i could not do without this knowlwdge. I have windows XP ,came with the computer few years ago, clever system I have to admit.. thanks again Robert Held

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections