SG
Posted By
Sarah_Gaughan
Jan 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I loaded photoshop onto my mac mini and it worked for about a week but now everytime I attempt to open the program I get a message that photoshop unexpectedly quit but no other programs were harmed. I reinstalled the program and even downloaded the free trial version to see if it was only a problem with the program I had but it does the same thing every time. I am no very hardware savvy and would like any suggestions for how to fix this problem (in as easy a way as possible).

Thank you!!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 10, 2007
Try trashing the Preferences, as per the FAQs: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bb77876/1>

If that doesn’t help look at some of the other FAQ topics or come back here.
J
jennaerbele
Jan 11, 2007
I am having the same problem. I tried trashing the preferences (both ways, as on the FAQ’s) and I am still getting the same error message. Is there anything else that I can try?
B
Buko
Jan 11, 2007
Jennaerbele,

read this and come back LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 7:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
J
jennaerbele
Jan 11, 2007
I am having the same problem. I tried trashing the preferences (both ways, as on the FAQ’s) and I am still getting the same error message. Is there anything else that I can try?
J
jennaerbele
Jan 11, 2007
First of all, sorry for posting it more than once – my internet connection was being very slow.

I can’t open the program to get to the help section and I have looked through the forums and FAQ’s and this is the only one that seems to be the same problem. I do not know if I can get Adobe support, I will have to look into that.

~ Photoshop CS2, V 9.0 (I re-installed it this morning, with the same results)

~OS X V 10.4.8
1.5 GHz PowerPC G4
768 MB DDR SDRAM

~80 GB, 28.64 availible

~ I do not know about the video card

~When I open Photoshop, I get the following:
‘The application Photoshop quit unexpectedly.

Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.

Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple.’

When I click ‘Reopen’, it tries to open and then I get this: ‘The application Photoshop quit unexpectedly after it was reopened.

Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.

Click Try Again to temporarily restore the application’s default settings and open it again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple.’

When I click ‘Try Again’, it takes me back to the first message and just creates a circle.

Thank you for your help, if there is more information that you need, please let me know.

Jenna
J
jennaerbele
Jan 11, 2007
Ok, so I went back and put a ‘~’ in front of the Twain plugin. It worked, this time when I tried it. What will this do? How do I scan into Photoshop now?
B
Buko
Jan 11, 2007
scan photo in the stand alone software. bring them into Photoshop after the scan has been saved.
SG
Sarah_Gaughan
Jan 16, 2007
Ok I trashed the preferences as suggested and it worked.. for about a week… now I am back to where I was (everytime I open the program I get the same error message I did before) I tried to fix it like I did before but this time it wont work… I really need this to be fixed for good and fast … Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem for GOOD???
LC
Luis_Cerdas
Jan 16, 2007
Had the same problem (CS, CS2 on 10.4.8), and fixed it by deleting the twain files in "Macintosh HD / Library / TWAIN Data Sources"; seems one or more files were corrupt (or maybe because the scanner wasn’t hooked to the computer!!).

Anyway, after deleting them it allowed the program to launch correctly.
SG
Sarah_Gaughan
Jan 17, 2007
Ok this may be a really stupid question but I can’t find the TWAIN Data Sources… Is there another path to it bc I went to Macintosh HD/Library but TWAIN is not in that folder???
SG
Sarah_Gaughan
Jan 17, 2007
Any other Ideas???
B
Buko
Jan 17, 2007
Sarah, put a ‘~’ in front of the TWAINplugin.

(your hard drive) > Applications > Photoshop 7 > Plugins > Import/Export > TWAINplugin
SG
Sarah_Gaughan
Jan 17, 2007
It worked!!!!! Thank you so much!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections