JJ
Posted By
John_J._Neely
Jan 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A fiend has asked me to work on a photo that is of very poor quality. The only reason she wants to keep it is that she is in it with a celebrity designer. However, one side of the designer’s face has a very large blotch of sunlight on it. This area of skin is totally blown out. I have played around with the Clone Tool using various opacities and blend modes with less than satisfactory results. Any suggestions as to a better approach would be greatly appreciated. I am using CS2 on a Mac.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Jan 18, 2007
I would suggest judiciouss application of teh rubber stamp and/or healing brush.

Without seeing the image, it’s hard to say anything else.
PT
Phil_Taz
Jan 18, 2007
If it is just a piece of cheek, maybe you could take a piece of the other cheek and flip it and tone it etc.

If you do this sort of thing on a new layer it is quite easy to shape and paint it and scale/distort it like a skin graft…. then trim the edges with a softish eraser brush and you might pull off a miracle cure.

Actually, it is not that easy if you have not done this kind of thing before but if you work on a sep layer, you will eventually get it without destroying it.

I’d love to have a go if you cant do it, I really enjoy that kind of thing! :^)
JF
john_findley
Jan 18, 2007
If there’s anything at all there. you might be able to select the area and copy in onto a series of layers and (judiciously) try blending modes, such as Multiply to recover latent image.

If there really is nothing left, go for C. Nomad or P. Taz methods.

And be very careful when dealing with fiends. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections