BA
Posted By
Bert_AGFA
Jan 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve made a document in indesing with transparancy’s, exported a PDF, opend in PhotoShop and my transparancy test is gone. If I open it in acrobat it is stil there. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

gr Bert

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

ML
Mark_Larsen
Jan 30, 2007
did you have overprint preview enabled in acrobat? comm+shift+7 also what level of PDF did you export to?
BA
Bert_AGFA
Jan 30, 2007
Hi Mark, I did used PDF 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 becouse I knew live transparancy is only suported from PDF 1.4 (Acobat profetional 7.0). Non of those did work and gave me the same problem in Photoshop CS. But I did not check on the overprint, is this a setting I have to do when exporting the PDF file from Indesign CS2?

gr Bert
ML
Mark_Larsen
Jan 30, 2007
Its a view setting in acobat, illustrator & id. if you turn it on in acrobat do you still see your test?
B
Buko
Jan 30, 2007
You must be doing something wrong.

I just exported a press quality PDF from IDCS2 that contained OTF, PStype 1, TTF, and a .dfont

dropped the PDF on PSCS2 and there it was with all the type and the picture.

What you are doing wrong I don’t have a clue.
J
jonf
Jan 31, 2007
Do you mean transparency effects or an image with no background?
ML
Mark_Larsen
Jan 31, 2007
The only situation where I have seen this several times is illustrator files placed in ID then exported to PDF. ID will turn overprint off if you change text to white where illustrator allows it to keep its attributes. This placed over anything will have no effect. In simple artwork it is easy to spot with overprint preview on for more complex situations run acrobat’s preflight "List white objects set to overprint" if such a PDF is opened by Photoshop in CMYK mode then the overprint is honored and the text disappears try in RGB and it retains the text overprint ignored. Other than that I too am at a loss as to what your doing wrong.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections