RG
Posted By
Rene_Garneau
Feb 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was asked to replicate a kind of colored posterization effect that you can find on the following site:

<http://www.thenewdeal.com/>

Once you enter the site, it’s the guys on the left side, in the Flash animation.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JA
Just_A_Mac_Guy
Feb 12, 2007
Looks like they used "Posterize" in Photoshop and then "Streamlined " or traced in Illustrator.
Probably had to separate each section to create the flash animation…
PT
Phil_Taz
Feb 12, 2007
Artistic/cutout filter….
RG
Rene_Garneau
Feb 13, 2007
and then "Streamlined " or traced in Illustrator.

OK, that’s what I thought.

Thanks.
I
iSteveV
Feb 13, 2007
Streamline for sure, I did something similar about ten years ago.
PT
Phil_Taz
Feb 13, 2007
no-one ever reads post#2…..
RG
Rene_Garneau
Feb 13, 2007
no-one ever reads post#2…..

I wasn’t asking about the Flash thing.
B
Buko
Feb 13, 2007
They don’t read Post #2 even when its pointed out.
PT
Phil_Taz
Feb 13, 2007
tap tap tap…..anyone home?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Feb 13, 2007
sometimes…
RG
Rene_Garneau
Feb 13, 2007
Artistic/cutout filter…

Sorry Man, that’s my mistake.

Your answer was valid.
ML
Mark_Larsen
Feb 13, 2007
A nice option that may give you a greater degree of control. Is to save several versions of a grayscale image to a folder. I would use adjustment/threshold to do this, the other methods above just use histogram rounding which may or may not be acceptable. Paint in/out to fine tune the elements to your needs. Then in Bridge select all images go tools/illustrator/live trace… and select vectorize to layers in single document with which ever preset takes your fancy. Or if you want separate files leave this off save back to folder switch view to just vectors select all then again from tools you have further options to export files to flash.
RG
Rene_Garneau
Feb 13, 2007
Thanks Mark for the interesting way of doing it.

That option in Bridge (tools/Illustrator/live trace) is not in CS3 BETA; I wonder if they’ll kill it in the final version.
B
Buko
Feb 13, 2007
There are many things missing in the Public Betas

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections