S
Posted By
Stuart
Feb 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Found an old Calcomp Drawingslate (original one) in work that nobody has used for a while and thought
I could try and use it myself. Unfortunately it has the old MAC ADB connector on it and no pen. As I am
using a PC I looked for an adapter and found the imate (but it says it mostly works with MAC keyboard
and mice if used with a PC). Does anyone have any experience of using the imate with a PC and does
anyone know whether I could get a pen for it too? If I can’t get it to work then it will just be thrown out,
seems a bit of a waste if it does. Also I am based in the UK.

Thanks,

Stuart

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
mike
Feb 25, 2004
The imate is really isn’t too much cheaper than a Wacom tablet……….why not go for the tablet? But from what I read………. http://www.keyalt.com/pointdevices/imate.htm I think the imate should work for you.

"Stuart" wrote in message Found an old Calcomp Drawingslate (original one) in work that nobody has used for a while and thought
I could try and use it myself. Unfortunately it has the old MAC ADB connector on it and no pen. As I am
using a PC I looked for an adapter and found the imate (but it says it mostly works with MAC keyboard
and mice if used with a PC). Does anyone have any experience of using the imate with a PC and does anyone know whether I could get a pen for it too? If I can’t get it to work then it will just be thrown out,

Thanks,

Stuart
S
Stuart
Feb 25, 2004
The drawingslate is A2 in size. I don’t need one really but it will just get thrown out otherwise so I thought I
could make use of it instead. That is the reason for the post. I have sent a query to Calcomp directly and will
see what they say.

Stuart

Mike wrote:

The imate is really isn’t too much cheaper than a Wacom tablet……….why not go for the tablet? But from what I read………. http://www.keyalt.com/pointdevices/imate.htm I think the imate should work for you.

"Stuart" > wrote in
message news: …

Found an old Calcomp Drawingslate (original one) in work that nobody has used for a while and thought
and mice if used with a PC). Does anyone have any experience of using the imate with a PC and does
anyone know whether I could get a pen for it too? If I can’t get it to work then it will just be thrown out,
Thanks,

Stuart

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections