Posted By
ck_ck
Apr 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I’m having a curious problem with CS3 v 10.0.
I’m trying to automate compressing large jpegs for the web, ie from 300dpi to 72dpi, usually 5×7 inches.
I set up the automation functions, record them etc and let it run. Invariably about 10 photos in to a 30 photo batch it starts to drift.
The file sizes gradually get larger and larger, 180 dpi, eventually back to 300dpi. Basically I wind up with a bunch of duplicates of the original large jpeg. Anyone else had this problem?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
I’m Running Mac OS 10.5.2 on an older Powerbook G4
Thanks
-ck

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Apr 6, 2008
problem with CS3 v 10.0.

No one should be running 10.0 for any reason whatsoever. Update to 10.0.1 ASAP.

I’m not saying this will fix your problem, but 10.0 is trouble.
CC
ck_ck
Apr 6, 2008
Trouble how?
R
Ram
Apr 7, 2008
Do a forum search, for crying out loud! Or read the release notes or something. A bunch of bugs were fixed in 10.0.1. That’s why Adobe spends money on updates.

For one thing, printing is seriously messed up in 10.0.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 7, 2008
And it’s only slightly messed up in 10.0.1!
R
Ram
Apr 7, 2008
🙂
OO
Omke_Oudeman
Apr 7, 2008
And apart from the update if you start your action with downsizing the files from large to say 10 x 15 cm 300dpi and then go in the SFW action you will get a much faster respond of SFW
J
jcurwen
Jul 15, 2008
A question re: an automation function in CS 3 PS:
What bit of file info determines the sequence of the "Horizontal Slide Show" generated in the process below?
File>Automate>Web Photo Gallery . . . Style: Horizontal Slide Show. . . Folder: Choose and Destination selected from desktop locations, Options: General, Extension:htm and with middle box "Add width . . . images." check I get a very simple and reliable web slide show.

BUT, I can’t seem to change the sequence of photos in the "show" Here it is if it helps – a birthday thing:
<http://www.curwen.org/webgal/index.htm>

I’ve tried changing file numbers or modification dates in my (original) "choose" folder (by changing Mac clock) to no avail. Same sequencing. Looking at source HTML, sure enough, there’s the file number as it appears in sequence, but I don’t know the WHY of the sequencing. I’d like to change the sequence.

iMac 3.06 OS10.5.4 4GB Ram
CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Jul 16, 2008
Like Buko said; an Action should enable You to record all the necessary steps of resizing, canvas-sizing, placing etc.
But I would recommend that, when You paste the downscaled images, You record immediate renames of the layers so that in subsequently selecting them for Aligning or Distributing Photoshop can pick them reliably no matter what (language-)Version You use.
The adding of a suffix (»final« in Your case) can be done either with Batch Processing or by creating a Droplet with Destination Folders (File – Automate); employing a Script for that is probably unnecessary.

I’m not quite certain how Your layout is supposed to look though.
J
jcurwen
Jul 16, 2008
Horizontal slide show non sequitur – sorry, please ignore my post this thread. I posted new thread elsewhere.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections