S
Posted By
speed2u
Nov 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Photoshop7 does not start, it stops and gives an error message "Could not initilize Photoshop because Photoshop cannot create any more windows"
If I boot the computer in safe mode the program will load and run. All my other Adobe products work fine. Has anyone had this problem or suggest a way to fix it. My machine is Dell laptop with 1 gig of ram, running xp home edition.
Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 29, 2006
Try resetting your preferences per the procedure in the faq.
L
LenHewitt
Nov 29, 2006
If I boot the computer in safe mode the program will load and run.<<

That sounds very much as if you have something loading which is conflicting badly with Photoshop.

You can use MSCONFIG to selectively disable services and background tasks from running to help diagnose what is causing the problem if trashing your prefs file has no effect.
S
speed2u
Dec 1, 2006
Thanks i try the preferences, no luck, I think Len is on the right track, anyway to have an idea of what the conflict might be? Is there any usual programs that interfer with photoshop?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 2, 2006
You don’t happen to use WindowBlinds, do you? That’s been known to cause problems on occasion.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections