MW
Posted By
malcolm_wadham
May 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When creating a slide show is there any way to get the image number from the camera data to appear on the actual slide without going into text and applying it manually?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
Jim_J
May 1, 2005
Do you mean like 1/16 sort of thing? Could you clarify which number?

Cheers
CW
Colin_Walls
May 2, 2005
Are you referring to the filename? There’s no such thing as an "image number".

What kind of slideshow are you making?
Which version of PSE do you have?
PC or Mac?
BH
Beth_Haney
May 2, 2005
I think he means the number the camera applies to each shot as a filename and which is retained unless changed manually. He said "image number from the camera data".

My camera doesn’t retain that once I’ve renamed a file.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 2, 2005
Beth,

I have noticed something odd with filenames and iPhoto. If you change the filename from within iPhoto then export the image … it exports under its original filename and not the new one?

Wendy
BH
Beth_Haney
May 2, 2005
I still haven’t started using iPhoto. 🙂 What you describe doesn’t sound like a "feature" I’m much appreciate, though!
MW
malcolm_wadham
May 2, 2005
I want to create a slide show with the number of the image that the camera applies to appear on the slide. For example the second image that the camera takes will be labelled DCM 002 and I want that to be visible on the actual slide show. This is so that if you are displaying wedding photos on a screen and the people viewing wish to purchase a photo they know which one to order. My camera is a Nikon D70 DSLR and the software is XP on a PC platform.
CW
Colin_Walls
May 3, 2005
So you do mean file name …

Please abswer these questions that I posed before:

What kind of slideshow are you making?

Which version of PSE do you have?
MW
malcolm_wadham
May 3, 2005
Colin please excuse my ignorance I am relatively new to this. Yes it would be the file number/name. I have PSE 3 and the slide show will be set up using the custom slide show option to create a WMV file and then played via Windows media player either on a computer screen or a connected projector. The object being to give customers a view of all the photos taken at an event with the option to purchase hence why I need the file or image number on the actual display.
CW
Colin_Walls
May 4, 2005
First off, I think if you’re trying to sell someone some pictures, giving them a VCD is not going to do it for you. The quality just isn’t going to do them justice.

Second, Organizer does not have the facility to include the filenames on the slides.

Organizer’s slide making capabilities are quite limited – the program’s true functionality is in organizing images.

My suggestion is you seek a program dedicated to the job you want to do. First, make a decision: do you want your customers to be obliged to have a PC available or should they receive a DVD? Then choose your program. There are dozens – if not hundreds – to choose from. A personal favourite [for PC use] comes from <http://www.wnsoft.com>
MW
malcolm_wadham
May 4, 2005
Colin
Thanks for the advice will have a look at the link you suggest. Best regards
Malcolm Wadham

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections