SC
Posted By
Simon_C_Young
Dec 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have overlapped 2 photos in the corners ie two 10×15 cm photos that overlapped in the bottom right corner of the one photo by the top left corner of the second photo. I want the the overlapping parts to fade into each other. How do I do it?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 2, 2006
Depends. Is one a continuation of the other (panorama)? Use Automate>Photomerge.

OR…

Learn how to use Layer Masks. Very easy.
SC
Simon_C_Young
Dec 2, 2006
At ftp://younso.homeftp.net/test.jpg I have put a test picture. Here you can see the overlapping area that I want to have blend in with one another.
C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 2, 2006
Try changing the blending mode of the top layer to "darken"

Another way would be to put a layer mask on the top most layer and paint "through" it with a soft edged low opacity brush until you get the desired effect.

Obviously the more the top image overlaps the lower one the more effective the technique will be.
SC
Simon_C_Young
Dec 2, 2006
Chrisjbirchall, that looks great, just what I wanted. Unfortunately I do not the methods at all. Would really appreciate it if you could write an idiots guide to your suggestion (s).

Simon
C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 3, 2006
Would really appreciate it if you could write an idiots guide to your suggestion (s).

Someone already wrote it. Hit F1 😉
C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 3, 2006
"put a layer mask on the top most layer [LAYER>LAYER_MASK>REVEAL_ALL] and paint [on the mask] "through" it with a soft edged low opacity [try 50%] brush until you get the desired effect." [black will allow the underlying layer to show through, white will hide it]
SC
Simon_C_Young
Dec 3, 2006
Thanks Chrisjbirchall, got it now! I was on the wrong layer to start with and then I did not realise the difference between black and white painting.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections