C
Posted By
christinarusso
Jul 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
all of a sudden in my camera raw window i’m missing the clarity tool and i have no idea how to get it back? i think i might be missing another tool but i’m not sure. i tried reinstalling CS3 but no luck. has this happened to anyone else? any fixes?

thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jul 21, 2008
deleting the camera RAW prefs would more helpful than reinstalling.

when you reinstall you are still using the corrupted prefs.
C
christinarusso
Jul 21, 2008
how do i delete the prefs?
B
Buko
Jul 21, 2008
user home/ library / preferences / camera RAW 4.1 prefs

that’s if you are up to date. camera raw 4 prefs if you are not
L
Lundberg02
Jul 21, 2008
CR is at 4.4.1
B
Buko
Jul 22, 2008
Lundy I know but if you look in the prefs folder you will see 4.0 or 4.1

and I am current.
NT
Nini Tj
Jul 22, 2008
The plug-in for Camera Raw is supposed to be in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS3/File Formats/
That one says 4.4.1. as version.

(If you use CS2 you can only use upto and including 3.7).
B
Buko
Jul 22, 2008
yes but he needs to delete the prefs not the plugin.
R
Ram
Jul 22, 2008
Buko is correct. The number in the name of the preferences file does NOT match the actual plug-in version number.

I attempted to report this minor bug late last year, but the creator of ACR and Ps does not consider it a bug:

(Minor?) Bug: ACR Preferences file does not match ACR version number <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c056748/1>
ED
Erc_D._Richards
Sep 28, 2008
Sharon-

I have the same problem – my clarity tool just vanished, along with some of the sharpening tools. I have ACR 4.1 and it’s in the Library>Application Support > Adobe > PlugIns > CS3 > File Formats path.

Can you help?
R
Ram
Sep 28, 2008
I have ACR 4.1

You should be running ACR 4.5 or 4.6, under no circumstances 4.1.

You also have to remove (trash and delete is best) any other ACR plug-in you may have, such as the one installed by default by Photoshop.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 28, 2008
Folks,

Not that the folks here can’t be helpful, but, there is a dedicated ACR forum for these issues. For the widest audience, and the most help, please post camera raw issues there where those pros hang out.

Thanks!

Neil
ED
Erc_D._Richards
Sep 29, 2008
Neil-

I done tried the folks across the hallway with the ACR forums and had no luck. I did repost, tho, so we’ll see what comes in.

I’m all about not bogging down threads.
B
Buko
Sep 29, 2008
You’re bogging down anything its just that is where the People who built ACR hang out.
R
Ram
Sep 29, 2008
Eric,

Check your thread on the ACR forum. I replied there a few minutes ago.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections