S
Posted By
sputnikv
Jul 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
the problem basically is that photoshop has locked up completely with a few exceptions. I can scroll through my document, though i can’t click on anything, menu bar included without prompting an error about a misnamed path. this makes it impossible to navigate my way out. key commands also seem completely ineffective.

don’t want to loose my work and i can’t find a way out of it. i suspect that the actual path renaming window is behind the actual main window but i can’t access or move it without being turned away by the error message.

thankyou.

(i apologize, i recently posted this issue moments prior but was advised to reformat my query)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
sputnikv
Jul 23, 2008
the error reads: "A path with that name already exists. Please choose a different name.", and appears whenever any part of the main window or menu-bar is clicked on. i can still somewhat navigate through some of the floating toolbars, though not all.
S
sputnikv
Jul 23, 2008
managed to slip past the error messages somehow and was able to save. thanks for your time.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 23, 2008
sputnikv,

Please don’t post the same question twice. Thanks.

Neil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections