MS
Posted By
Mark_Sand
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This problem was originally posted by Christian Peter back in January under the topic "error message when using startup screen", and I also had the problem and added a few messages to that topic. I was unable to resolve the problem, so I am bringing it up again in the hope that some "fresh faces" might help.

When I try selecting anything from the Startup Screen I get am Internet Explorer error window with the message:
Cannot find file …/HTML Palettes/Welcome/PlayBuiltinCommand(new)

When I try to access anything from the How To pallete I get the error: Cannot find file …/Recipes/Categories/GetHelpID(some 20-digit number)

This started happening to Christian Peter and me for no apparent reason. Christian, if you fixed the problem, please respond in this topic!!

I tried running Norton antivirus (no problems) and did a total uninstall and reinstall of PHE2 several times. I tried other suggestions from the original topic. I called Adobe help and they had no solution.

Fortunately everything else in PSE2 seems to work, so this problem is not critical, but still…

I am running under Windows 2000 Professional. Any ideas, anyone?

Mark

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections