H
Posted By
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I have PS v7, CS2 & Creative Suite 3 design Premium on my late 2004 Mac iBook. After I installed Creative suite I used it for a short while then got the message Licencin for this product has stopped working, usinstall & reinstall.
I did this 3 times & still got the same error message. I’m not sure if it’s always after updating or even before.

I needed to use PS while CS3 was stuck like that & so I opened CS2 & got the message Serious error has been detected. To continue using PS pls. uninstall & reinstall.

I’m looking at this page
< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=33 1404> & have trashed all the files mentioned that I have except
3. Delete the Adobe folder from the Users/[User]/Library/Application Suppor
This folder has 19 items in including a Lightroom folder & an XMP folder that I’m thinking I might miss if I delete. Shall I delete all but these?

I’ve read I have to install CS2 1st before CS3 so I started uninstalling CS2 1st but I think if I uninstal CS3 with it’s nice installer I can see what’s left in this folder.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
PS
I doulble click the add or remove Adobe Creative suite Premium item in Utilities & I get the request for my Admin password, I enter it & click OK & nothing happens! I tried it several times. Weird.
What’s going on?
H
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
It’s OK it was just taking it’s time opening… it’s uninstalling OK.
H
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
After running the uninstaller for CS3 there are still 19 items in that Adobe folder in Applications support folder including one called Adobe Photoshop CS3 & another called Bridge CS3. The uninstaller didn’t remove Acrobat 9 which had a separate install disc. There is also an Acrobat folder in that Adobe folder & an Air folder & a CS3 stock photos folder.
There is also an adobe photoshop CS3 folder still in my applications folder with plugins & samples inside.
I’m thinking to trash everything with CS3 in the name & leave the rest & hope it doesn’t matter if some belong to CS2.
Any advice?
R
Ram
Aug 11, 2008
Do a site search for CS3Clean Script, download it and run it according to the instructions.
H
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
Thanks I’ll try that.
J
JumpsOnFire
Aug 13, 2008
On 2008-08-10 23:39:13 -0400, said:

PS
I doulble click the add or remove Adobe Creative suite Premium item in Utilities & I get the request for my Admin password, I enter it & click OK & nothing happens! I tried it several times. Weird. What’s going on?

Go to the Adobe web site and get the official uninstallers.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections