Posted By
YrbkMgr
Aug 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Check the FAQ.

Chris Cox "Color doesn’t look right in Photoshop or after rebooting computer." 6/5/02 4:33pm </cgi-bin/webx?50/1>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RD
Rick D Bennett
Aug 23, 2003
I recently installed Photoshop 7 and every time I go into it the colors are all messed up. If I try hitting the default colors the foreground will be black and the background will be purple. I can only choose colors that are in the shades of purple and black. Before this happened something came up on the screen saying that my monitor profile didnt match with photoshop or somethin and I hit use anyway. Now my Photoshop is totally messed up! PLEASE HELP!!! I tried reinstalling and everything. Nothing worked…
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 23, 2003
You are toast. You have to completely re-format your hard drive and take photoshop back to the store.

I’M KIDDING

It’s easy. You need to recreate a monitor profile.

See:

Chris Cox "Color doesn’t look right in Photoshop or after rebooting computer." 6/5/02 4:33pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/1>

And for information on using Adobe Gamma See:

Using Adobe Gamma < http://www.adobe.com/support/techguides/photoshop/cms2/gamma .html>

Ian Lyons’ Most excellent site <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm>

Peace,
Tony
DM
dave milbut
Aug 23, 2003
You are toast. You have to completely re-format your hard drive and take photoshop back to the store.

<trying to get my programmer’s hair to stand down from alarm mode!>

(apologies to scott adams)
DM
dave milbut
Aug 24, 2003
zmaan is it a custom color book? if so it’s probably toast. (seriously this time). if it’s the default, it’s still probably toast, but you should be able to get it back by reinstalling photoshop.
DM
dave milbut
Aug 25, 2003
no mas, nein
TC
Tera_Carter
Oct 31, 2003
Q: I’m using Photoshop 7 on Windows 2000. I read the previous FAQ about color changes when saving for web. I have a similar problem. I followed the instructions for Gamma and Color settings. Color got better, but still does not match color from other programs AND Photoshop on another computer with similar settings. Is there anything else I can try?
CS
Carol_Steele
Oct 31, 2003
Before doing the ‘Save for Web’ go to Image–>Mode–>Convert to Profile and choose sRGB from the list of options – then do the Save for Web – see if that improves things any.

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
JL
Jonathan_Lewis
Aug 10, 2004
Hello all,

I’m working on putting together a document that will be converted to PDF and distributed online and via email to potential clients. I’m doing the graphics in PS 7 and doing the layout in Quark 5.

Since this is going to be just for on-screen viewing instead of professionally printed, I’m doing everything in RGB. In my Quark document I’ve got a colored background (RGB values are 0,0,64). I need to place a logo that I created in PS on top of the blue background. In PS I entered the same RGB values that I’m using in Quark and set that color to be the background for the logo. Then I saved it as a TIFF file, placed it in my Quark document, and created the final PDF file. However, the background on the logo is much darker than the blue box in Quark. I’ve checked the color values, and they do match. How can the same color look different?

Thanks!
Jonathan
KT
Kay_Tannee
Aug 10, 2004
Go into Colour settings in Photoshop and make sure your RGB workspace matchs Quarks or your Windows workspace.

I dont use quark so unsure of how it handles ICC.
CG
Carlos_Gonzalez-Najera
Aug 10, 2004
Another idea. Since this is only going to be on-screen viewed, you could also try turning off color management both in Photoshop and Quark (not too familiar with Quark so I’m not sure how). But that should give you consistent colors.
JL
Jonathan_Lewis
Aug 10, 2004
Okay, I’ll check those things out.

Thanks!
Jonathan
JA
James_A_Shadle
Aug 11, 2004
When I work an image in PS CS, with a file from my digital camera (Nikon D2H or D1x) or a scanned file everything looks fine. The problem comes in when I try to convert to .jpg using "save for web". The colors when saving "save for web" or printing are more intense. I shoot Adobe RGB,and convert to sRGB. Looks ok, until I save.
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance,
James
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 11, 2004
When you Save For Web and choose JPG, you can include the ICC profile in the image, but in general, most programs that display JPGs aren’t color managed. So what you normally see in the SFW dialog preview is a non-color managed representation of the image.

If your monitor is calibrated reasonably correctly (Adobe Gamma), you should see little or no difference between sRGB and the SFW preview.

So in short, re-run adobe gamma and create a new monitor profile.

Peace,
Tony
JA
James_A_Shadle
Aug 11, 2004
That seems to have worked !
Thanks very much.
James
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 11, 2004
Glad you got it sorted.

Peace,
Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections