RB
Posted By
Ralph_Brannon
Apr 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Layer Styles are fun, I got the WOW book for elements 2 with their many layer styles.

Just wondering, does anyone know of any other styles either free, or pay that they like ?

Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 19, 2004
The Adobe Studio Exchange <http://share.studio.adobe.com> has tons of stuff, and there are links to other sources on the Challenge Links page.
AT
Anne_Twitchell
Apr 20, 2004
Ralph, Al Ward’s book,Photoshop Elements 2 Special Effects comes with a CD that has dozens of layer styles as well as brushes, gradients and patterns. Not free by any means, the book retails for $29.99 US. It’s a neat book, although not for the beginner. I also have a set of holiday layer styles from the Digital Photography Techniques magazine, Christmas 2003 issue. This is a wonderful English magazine that is published monthly plus a Christmas issue. Each issue comes with a CD with tutorial files, video tutorials, software and plug-ins. More than you wanted to know probably, but hope some of this information is helpful.
IH
Ingrid_Halvorsen
Apr 21, 2004
There are hundreds, maybe THOUSANDS of free layer styles posted various places online. Do a google search for "photoshop styles" and be amazed. Just about any style created for another version of Photoshop will work in Elements.

There also are free custom shapes, brushes, patterns, textures, as well as plug-in filters. Also look for free frames and edges . My presets lists have gotten so long, I’m starting to cull.

While you are at it, look for tutorials. There are hundreds of them online, too.
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 21, 2004
I have a collectomaniac problem too. Filters, brushes, textures, styles, you name it! The Exchange is a great resource…I also do a bit of Googling and Yahooing. By the way, most things work even if they say they are only for a certain version of photoshop. Go crazy.

Terri

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections