DM
Posted By
diane_miller
Sep 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Bridge I have files showing a resolution of 100 ppi, but when I open the file, Image Size states 72 ppi. These files were created in PS > Save for Web. I’m not sure where the problem is occurring.

Any ideas what might cause this?

How do I stop it from happening?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Sep 18, 2008
Diane,

Details are needed.

What kind and type of files? How and where were they created? What EXACT versions of Bridge, Photoshop and the OS? What type of machine? What are your preference setiings? Is ACR involved?
P
Phosphor
Sep 18, 2008
Same number of pixels, right?
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Sep 18, 2008
The difference in resolution is simple. The files you are looking at have no set resolution. Each app assumes a default resolution for a file if it has no resolution data contained within.

The ‘save for web’ function strips the resolution data since it is not needed for web images. Web images only care about the number of pixels wide by the number of pixels high. Ignore resolution.
DM
diane_miller
Sep 18, 2008
RamΓ³n,
JPG, created in PS 10.0.1, save for web, Bridge 2.1.1.9, OSX 10.5.5, mac Pro 2.8 GHz, Quad-Core Intel Xeon,
which preferences?
no ACR

Ed,
Same number of pixels

Jim,
hmmm, older images done the same way are showing 72 ppi in both places.
B
Buko
Sep 18, 2008
Diane Jim gave you the answer

As long as the pixels don’t change everything is OK.
DM
diane_miller
Sep 18, 2008
ok! guess I’ll just ignore what I’m seeing in Bridge.
thanks all
B
Buko
Sep 18, 2008
It does not matter what res you see in any app. you can safely ignore what you see in Photoshop too as the file was Saved For Web. There is no resolution in a file that has been SFW.

The only time you need resolution is when you are doing printing, especially offset. You would not use SFW when saving files for printing.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 18, 2008
Β… not even for Web Offset Β….

πŸ˜‰

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections