TP
Posted By
tovia_paris
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
just bought photoshop elements 2.0, and installed it, but i am unable to launch the program. everything seems to be loading, i get the background and toolbars, but then i immediately get an program error message "photoshop elemen.exe has generated errors and wil be closed by windows. You need to restart.." the read me said to try shift-ctrl-alt and hit yes to rebuild preferences.
when i did that, it asked me if i "want to delete the adobe photoshop elements settings file". i said yes. but still cannot launch the program.

can anyone advise?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 26, 2004
Did you have any antivirus software running when you did the installation? If so, remove Elements, including a Search for straggling files/folders, then disable your antivirus software and reinstall Elements. See if that helps.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections