RO
Posted By
Reg_Orchard
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Printmaster 10 Platinum to make various advertising handout pieces and have not been able to cut the subject from an Elements 2 photo and paste it to the platinum piece, without it having a visible white square edged background. This background makes the layouts very awkward to say the least. Does this happen because it is from one program to an entirely different one (meaning that the visible background is a function of the Printmaster program)? The same "cut and paste" function preformed completely within the Elements program, generally works without problems. I wish there was a similar(to Printmaster)component in Photo Shop Elements, or is there and I’m just missing it? If so I could make the brochures completely within Elements…….if only things were that simple!
Thanks for any help or advice.

Reg

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 26, 2004
Reg,

Try this. When you have your image open in Elements, change the "background" into a regular layer. Double click on the word "background" in the layers palette and then click ok at the dialog. This way you will remove the "background" that Elements has behind every image. Now when you select an area to cut out of the image it should have a transparent background.

Others will surely add more.

Dick
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 26, 2004
What format are you working in? And is that format being maintained in Printmaster? Some just don’t support transparency.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 26, 2004
I use Printmaster from time to time as well and Printmaster does in fact recognize adobe psd formats…go to Art and photos and click on ‘my art and photos’…then go to file and ‘open from disc’…it will paste it into your printmaster image without any white backgrounds. Just be sure it’s in psd format when you save it from Elements. May work with Tif as well….haven’t tried that since psd works.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 26, 2004
I’m afraid I have made an error and spoke too quickly. It seems Printmaster will infact open and accept psd images ( since I have done it many times) it will not open up a psd ‘selection’….only a square images without borders. Printmaster will take GIF selections with transparency though…not sure if that route is good enough though since the colors are limited in that format. I know I have also exported images from Printmaster into Elements and then back into Printmaster so you may want to consider that route as well. Sorry I goofed on previous post. I should have tested it before replying.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections