JL
Posted By
Joseph_Lowery
Sep 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m doing some research on how designers take their Photoshop comps to a CSS-based layout. With CSS-based layouts, web pages are composed of a combination of foreground (standard) and background (CSS) graphics. I’m curious how designers get those images out of Photoshop and into a web authoring environment (be it Dreamweaver, GoLive or SimpleText :-).

1. Do you make a selection, copy, create a new file and use the Save for Web feature?
2. Do you slice up the comp for both foreground and background images and then choose Save for Web?
3. Do you use a combination of 1 and 2?

Or none of the above?

If you have a moment to explain your workflow, I’d greatly appreciate it. TIA.

Best – Joe
Joseph Lowery
Author, Dreamweaver CS3 Bible (and beyond… 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 29, 2008
#1.

Since CS3 removed ImageReady and the ability to save several button states at once, there is little benefit in my workflow to slicing anymore. It’s much faster to Command-click a layer to create a selection, copy visible, new doc, paste, save for web.

I use BBedit for coding. So, I don’t want the html Photoshop generates anyway.
JL
Joseph_Lowery
Sep 29, 2008
Thanks, Scott. I’ve previously heard from a number of designers that they tend to work this way.

Appreciate it – Joe

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections