JH
Posted By
Joe_Holt
Jun 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m in the process of moving all of my images to a new computer (windows), but I’m not sure how to assure that my collections will move with the re-installaion of Elements 3.0. Can anyone give me some help with this issue? Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 2, 2005
Joe…..

I’ve just done this in the last week on a PC. You need to locate your Catalog and database files and move them over to the new PC in the same place. Mine were in My Pictures\Adobe\Colin’s Catalog

Colin
JH
Joe_Holt
Jun 2, 2005
Colin:

There is no ‘Catalog’ file in either My Pictures/Adobe or in the Adobe Program Files. Any other suggestion?

Joe
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 2, 2005
Joe….

Try searching your Documents and Settings for *.psa I think I put mine somewhere easier to find than where Elements defaults them to.

Colin
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 2, 2005
Joe….

If you go to Edit>Prefences>Files it will tell you where your Catalog is.

Colin
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 2, 2005
The folder is probably hidden. You’d need to make hidden folders visible – an option in Windows Explorer.
JH
Joe_Holt
Jun 2, 2005
Thanks Colin. My files are all visible, but elements buried this file. I found it and I presume that I simply copy the file to a similar location in the new installation. Thanks for your help.

Joe
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 2, 2005
I presume that I simply copy the file to a similar location in the new installation

You can locate it anywhere that suits you. Then just double-click on it to open the catalog.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections