W
Posted By
williamDyrdahl
Aug 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
WHEN I BOOT UP PS7 A MESSAGE APPEARS…"PHOTOSHOP’S PRIMARY SCRATCH AND WINDOWS PRIMARY PAGEING ARE ON THE SAME VOLUME…SET ADOBE PRIMARY SCRATCH VOLUME TO BE ON A DIFFERENT VOLUME.." AFTER THE MESSAGE IT AUTOMATICLY CLOSES OUT PS7…I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND INSTALLED…AND STILL THE SAME MESSAGE…. :eyeroll: WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 19, 2003
That warning message is an informational message only. Photoshop uses a temporary file and hard disk space intensively. In extreme circumstances, users can benefit by telling photoshop to use a drive other than (usually) C: for it’s scratch disk.

Under Edit|Preferences|Plug-Ins and Scratch Disks, you can set Photoshop to a different drive if you have one. If you do not have one, setting it to C:\ will prevent the message from displaying.

There is no problem running photoshop with C:\ as a scratch disk, so no worries.

The OTHER problem, PS closing, is usually solved by resetting your preferences. The procedure to do this is found in the FAQ – look for Deleting Preferences.

Peace,
Tony

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections