• CS3 – Palette locations won’t stay at their place…

DC
Posted By
dimitri_ca
Oct 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello –

Neither in Photoshop®, nor Illustrator®, my "palettes" keep their place. I checked ON the preference in the software, but it doesn’t works!

Any idea why?
Thank you, have a nice day…

– Dimitri

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PeterK.
Oct 8, 2008
The preferences file is written when you shut down Photoshop. If you have a crash or if you don’t quit Photoshop properly before shutting down your computer, the preferences files that keep track of your settings will not be written to disk.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 8, 2008
And make sure that you have checked "Remember Palette Locations" in Preferences > Interface.
B
Buko
Oct 8, 2008
save your workspace then you can just load it.
DC
dimitri_ca
Oct 8, 2008
Hi PerterK. –

Well, I didn’t have a PSD crash… It’s since the begining like that. John… As I wrote, I checked ON this preference 😉
Buko, I can’t do that each time I launch PSD! 😛

NB. On old G4/G5 I haven’t the problem, it’s just since I installed the CS3 on my brand new Mac PRO (Leopard 10.5.5).

– Dimitri
P
PeterK.
Oct 8, 2008
Do you always quit Photoshop first before shutting down your computer?
DC
dimitri_ca
Oct 8, 2008
Hi PeterK. –

Always!
YES I always quit ALL softwares before shutting down my computer…

– Dimitri
P
PeterK.
Oct 8, 2008
In that case, try deleting your preferences file to start with a fresh one. (yours may be corrupted)

instructions for deleting preferences here:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057d1b>

If it keeps happening after that, then I’m not sure what to tell you. It could be a problem with the OS. Try running some maintenance on your Mac like repairing permissions.
B
Buko
Oct 8, 2008
Buko, I can’t do that each time I launch PSD!

you only have to save your workspace once. and the workspace has nothing to do with the prefs.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections