HI
Posted By
Harold_I._Kovarsky
May 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Message states "Could not complete your request because of a program error." Working with Windows XP on a Dell 2400 computer, 512 RAM.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dick_Smith
May 2, 2004
Harold,

Is this a new installation? If it is did you have your Anti-Virus software running at the time of installation? People have reported problems like yours before. Many times uninstalling and then reinstalling with the AV turned off has made the difference.

Dick
HI
Harold_I._Kovarsky
May 3, 2004
Thanks Dave, but disabling antivirus didn’t work. Appreciate prompt reply.
AH
Alan_h_g
May 3, 2004
I got the same error…due to printer/program conflict. When I uninstall the printer or open program in safe mode it works fine. Did you add any new software or hardware?
HI
Harold_I._Kovarsky
May 6, 2004
Thank you Alan h g. I openend program in safe mode and now the error message is gone.
DJ
Duncan_Jeremy
May 20, 2004
Out of three user accounts on my PC, two have this problem, and one runs the program just fine. Of the two that can’t run the program, one is the admin account that installed the program (yes, with Antivirus disabled). I checked permissions on all the obvious folders and registry entries, but could not find the cause there.

BTW, my PC is rather clean – just Windows XP Pro, Norton Internet Security 2004 and Office 2003 installed on a freshly formatted hard disk. Only a printer and a scanner connected.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections