Posted By
kieran_kelly
Oct 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI there,

My Mac System Crashed last week (I’m using Powerbook G4 1.3ghz 10.4.11) and I had to do a clean OSX install and consequently reinstall Photoshop CS3 – all no problems….

Now I am having major problems with the "Save for Web" function and this happens everytime I’ve had to reinsntall Photoshop….

I do mainly web/screen work these days, My Powerbook uses the default color profile "Color LCD" and Photoshop I have set to "North American Web/Internet" so the RGB is set as sRGB IEC61966 …….

why is it when saving it’s making images much lighter than they appear in Photoshop? I dont understand….. even when I set the Profiles too match (mac/Photoshop) save for web is making them lighter – I find this so confusing, does anyone have a straight forward answer? is there something I need to check in "save for web" – much confused…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 14, 2008
This is because Photoshop is displaying your images in sRGB and Safari (which I assume you are using?) is displaying your untagged images in your Monitor Space which is uncalibrated, probably set to Gamma 1.8 instead of 2.2; and probably quite disparate from sRGB.

Keep your images "tagged" by checking the "Convert to sRGB" and "Embed Color Profile" boxes in "Save for Web".

However, this will only help when your Viewers are using either Safari or Firefox with color management enabled.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 14, 2008
KK
kieran_kelly
Oct 14, 2008
aaaaah right, Cheers Ann thats brilliant!

I forgot about the "Convert to sRGB" and "Embed Color Profile" boxes in "Save for Web"….. many Thanks!

Kie
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 14, 2008
The blank post was a mistaken double-post.

Sorry !

However, I am glad that my previous one was helpful.

And do try to Calibrate and Profile your Monitor to Gamma 2.2 if you have not yet done so.
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 15, 2008
Blank deleted.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections