TO
Posted By
Tom_O_Connell
Oct 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What files from CS3 do I need to save to move it to CS4?

thanks

tom

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 25, 2008
You shouldn’t move any CS3 components.

In CS4, you would normally use the new Bridge Output Panel to make Contact Sheets as PDFs; or you can install the Optional plug-ins to continue to make them the old CS3 way in Photoshop.
TO
Tom_O_Connell
Oct 25, 2008
Thanks.

I just ordered my CS4 upgrade but I read that contact sheets and picture package both were gone but you could use the plugins from CS3 to save them. I guess I’m confused.

maybe it will be intuitive when I get my upgrade, but if I made contact sheets by going:

Tools, Photoshop, Contactsheet in CS3… was I using a plugin? I thought that was native to CS3???

If the PDF contact sheet is as easy to use, then I’m a happy camper… totally agnostic HOW I make them, but it is important to be able to select various thumbs in bridge and pour them into some kind of contact sheet.

thanks again,

tom
B
Buko
Oct 25, 2008
Look in the Goodies folder
TO
Tom_O_Connell
Oct 25, 2008
Thanks to both of you.

I don’t have my cd yet, but thought I had to prepare…sounds like the article I read was a bit alarmist.

cheers,

tom

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections