DG
Posted By
David G House
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was just in the Link from Grants Challenge site to Jay’s "How To’s" and wanted to look at the one for crating "Greeting Cards"… I attempted both links that are there and both came up with a message that the file could not be opened because it may be corrupt… Is anyone else have this???

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
Byron Gale
May 20, 2004
David,

If your’re referring to the "Custom Greeting Cards" tutorial, then it works just fine, for me.

Both links lead to a ZIP file which contains the tutorial in PDF format. I downloaded and unzipped and opened with Adobe Reader, just like it should.

Are you trying to directly open the ZIP file? If so, maybe that’s the trouble. You should download it to your HD, then extract the PDF, then open the PDF. Of course, you’ll need the correct software for opening a ZIP and reading a PDF.

Post back if I’ve lost you… 😉

Byron
DG
David G House
May 20, 2004
I understand Byron… thanks… it does ask me what program I wish to open it into… and I choose Reader.. I think the issue amy be I cannot open a zip file….. could that be it…
NS
Nancy_S
May 20, 2004
David,

Do you have Winzip? You can download it off the internet if not. You would then double click the file you downloaded and Winzip should open it, or it may ask which program you wish to open it with.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 20, 2004
With default installation, WinZip will auto associate with .zip files.

Mac
IH
Ingrid_Halvorsen
May 21, 2004
For those with Macs, Stuffit Expander will also decompress Zip files.
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 21, 2004
If you’re using Mac OS 10.3 (Panther) Zip files are now native in the finder. Double-click and they’ll expand right away.

Ray

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections