PB
Posted By
Peter_Bannon
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Trying to use update from help menu causes problems. PSE fails to finish connection download. or it quits after a download Using Mac OS 10.2.8 and broadband DSL access.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
May 20, 2004
Peter,

There really aren’t any updates anyway.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 20, 2004
Yes, Peter, Nancy is right. Also go to the PE prefs and set "check for updates" to "never".
PB
Peter_Bannon
May 20, 2004
Is there any difference between selecting update in the Help menu or using update set to never in preferences – manually?

Using "Manually" in preference I got "no updates available" or something like that. Anyway, no problem connecting and displaying that information. worked like you would expect.

Clicking on update in the Help Menu I got the spinning beach ball ( with an apparent incomplete update check). After a few tries it told me I needed this 8MB update but only provided an esoteric (text edit) message when I clicked download.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 20, 2004
Hi, Peter. It’s all moot because there are no/have not been any updates for PE2. Just forget it and lead a more peaceful life. What you are seeing is a little program that PE uploads to check for the non-existent downloads.

EDIT Nice and succinct and you beat me, Mac.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 20, 2004
That download is the "download manager" or "helper" or whatever. It helps you download the nothing that is there to download.

M
PB
Peter_Bannon
May 21, 2004
Thanks
PB
Peter_Bannon
May 21, 2004
Had my grand daughters on my lap and could not give a proper response. Thanks again.You explained it all to me. I didn’t know what was going on and thought I had a corruption problem somewhere.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections