EL
Posted By
Earl_Lund
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Acrobat Reader 6.0 And just installed Photoshop Elements 2.0. Photoshop launches instead of Acrobat Reader 6.0. How do I keep Photoshop from launching instead of Acrobat Reader when opening email attachments! I have a dell desktop–Win XP–512 Ram

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LaManchaDQ
May 24, 2004
Fix your file associations. – My Computer/Drive X/Tools/Folder Options/File Types/PDF/Change/Adobe Acrobat Reader

Drive X means open any hard drive or partition in your computer PDF is entry in the list window – you will have to scroll down to see it. Change is a button underneath the list window
Adobe Acrobate Reader is in another list window that pops up after you press the change button.

wrote in message
I have Acrobat Reader 6.0 And just installed Photoshop Elements 2.0.
Photoshop launches instead of Acrobat Reader 6.0. How do I keep Photoshop from launching instead of Acrobat Reader when opening email attachments! I have a dell desktop–Win XP–512 Ram
BG
Byron Gale
May 24, 2004
Earl,

In PSE2, click Edit > File Association…

Then, in the File Association Manager, un-check "Photoshop PDF" and quit PSE2.

The next time you try to open a PDF, XP should ask you what application to use. You can then associate Reader with them, again.

HTH,

Byron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections