AB
Posted By
Amy_Bogenschuetz
May 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello! When I free rotate an image, the picture becomes distorted/the edges of the pictures are all jagged. I have done this before with no problems and just recently am having problems. When I click on the picture or layer I want to rotate, it gets a green highlight around it and when I go to free rotate it gets distorted and the edges all jagged.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong or what is causing this??\ Thanks for any help you can give me!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DS
Dick_Smith
May 27, 2004
Amy,

If the edges are distorted and jaggy it’s because you haven’t rotated it in a perfect 90 degree segment.

If you’re trying to rotate an image just 90 degrees, why not use Image>Rotate to do the job?

If you need to rotate and image to 27.5 or 30 or some such, the jaggies should disappear once you commit the change by clicking on the checkmark on the options bar.

Dick
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 27, 2004
Amy,

To add to Dick’s good advices, it could still look jaggy if you’re viewing the image at odd zoom percentage, different from (example) 25, 50, 75%.

If you zoom until the image is 100%, do you still see the odd effect on the edges?

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections