Same RAW files different names, RAW setting not-independent….??????

J
Posted By
johnnyblain
Nov 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OKay so, that may not be the clearest subject line ever but I am struggling to shorten this issue down to one sentence…..

Before I get started I know there is a manual workaround for this, but as I am all about workflow in Photoshop anything that interrupts it cost money… And I like to avoid that!

Here is what I am trying to do…

Take one raw file, make a copy, and have two different sets of RAW setting applied to them, which can then be placed on my droplet to generate contrast and sharpening.

Problem: Anytime I make an adjustment to one or other of the RAW settings for a given file, it makes the same adjustments to both, even though they have different file names….

I know I can do this manually by opening the files twice having saved the image with the first RAW recipe as a .psd andf then open the raw file again and apply the second required recipe, but as I say this is way too clumsy…. What am I missing here, is there an issue copying the sidecar file which carries the RAW settings???

Any Help much appreciated

Cheers

Johnny

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections