Posted By
Craig_Busch
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I found a scanner that I think will be able to handle what I need it to do. The concern I have is that I will be able to scan in the negatives, but I don’t think that I will be able to scan the 110 size in straight. If the negative is scanned in a little crooked, will I be able to rotate it in Photoshop elements an make it right? It might only be off 5-10 degrees.
Thanks for helping a beginner

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BP
Basil_Pap
Jun 5, 2004
Certainly. Select Image –> Rotate –> Custom, and choose increments of 1 degree, left or right. You can do several trials and undo each time.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jun 5, 2004
I find that ‘Custom’ feature very useful. Especially if I’m shooting after a drink or two. You can even use it in decimal increments (.5).
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 5, 2004
Mark, I know the feeling! It’s also useful to turn on the grid when using it, and those tenths of a degree really help.
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jun 6, 2004
Ah, now I understand. Just reading the heading I thought "Doesn’t 360 degrees get you right back where you started?" 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 6, 2004
John, I get a kick out of some people saying they’ve made 360 degree turns in the direction of their lives…

🙂
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jun 6, 2004
Chuck, I’ve met people for whom it’s true. Spinning seems to be their specialty. 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections