K
Posted By
Keith28
Nov 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a few photos of some models dressing in solid color outfits. I would like to add patterns in place of the solid colors. Is there a quick method or auto action, that allows you to do this?

If so, what version of Photoshop?

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Nov 22, 2008
See my answer to your identical post in the Windows forum.
K
Keith28
Nov 22, 2008
None of these examples refer to what I was asking about. And half of the links don’t work.

I know you are trying to help, but i think you are not understanding the problem.
R
Ram
Nov 22, 2008
Keith28,

Do you even know how to use Photoshop? What exact version number of the application do you have? That’s essential information, as are details about your setup, machine, OS… etc.
K
Keith28
Nov 22, 2008
I have been using Photoshop before they ever made it for Windows. Photoshop CS and Photoshop CS2
Mac OSX
P
Phosphor
Nov 22, 2008
Let’s try this, then:

"Is there a quick method or auto action, that allows you to do this?"

No, and no.
B
barkerjohn
Nov 22, 2008
Hi Keith
I’ve never attempted to do what you want before, but I would start by making a mask of the dress and then make a displacement map which I could use on the new pattern that you want to apply. I guess you could action some of the steps.

No quick method that I can think of.
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 22, 2008
Keith,

Not only isn’t there a quick method, but anything you do requires some knowledge of how fabrics drape naturally over the human body.

Neil
P
Phosphor
Nov 22, 2008
"I’ve never attempted to do what you want before…"

I have. Spent hours on it, and I already knew what techniques I’d need to employ. I failed to render it with convincing authenticity.

It can be done, but it’s no walk in the park.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections