HC
Posted By
Henry_Clements
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I used "stroke" to place a blue trim line on a proof (rectangular). Now that I’ve printed the proof, I can’t figure out how to get rid of the blue stroke. Where does it appear? I can’t find it in layers.
Thanks
Henry

elements 2
Imac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 7, 2004
If you didn’t create the layer first, then your markings went on the image. In most instances it is necessary for you to create your own layers. If you haven’t saved the image since you added your "stroke" markings, you could move back through your history. But if you have saved your image then there really isn’t much you can do outside of using the clone tool. Do you still have the original image?
HC
Henry_Clements
Jun 7, 2004
The task is an open house mailer for a neighbor. I was going to add the stroke so I could tell where to trim. The plan was to have closed without saving the stroke. Of course, that didn’t happen. Another activity or two lost my place in the work and there I was…adrift…all saved and what to do now.

The whole thing is photos and font on white paper. Can I just used the erase tool to eliminate the blue line. Can I put a wider, white line to cover the blue. I’m sure I can come up with a workaround or just do the whole thing over again.

A small learning experience.

Thanks, Jim
Henry
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 7, 2004
If the blue line is just over white background space, I think what I would do is to use the Magic Wand tool to make a selection of the blue line, copy the selection and paste it to a new layer. A simple paste will automatically create the new layer. Then, on the new layer, you could just make a selection of the blue line again, and if it is wide enough you could just use the paint bucket to paint over the blue line with white. There are a lot of other ways to do this as well.
MS
Mark_Sand
Jun 7, 2004
Henry, see the topic "Shape, Work Path, Mask" for more discussion on this issue. In particular, my message #6 tells how to create a stroked outline on its own layer.
HC
Henry_Clements
Jun 8, 2004
When things slowed a bit, I went back to my folder for the job and I was, indeed, working from a copy. So, I have the answer(s) to my question and everything be
comin’ up roses.

Thanks, Mark & Jim
Henry

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections