Dual 2.0 Power tower doeesnt support graphic accelaration in CS4. Need ideas please

MA
Posted By
Manny_Akis
Nov 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed Photoshop CS4. I have been playing around with it so far. I have tried to see the 3d feature in CS4. When I try to open a test file as small as 4×5 72dpi it tells me my card doesn’t support hardware acceleration and that software will be used. The thing is that it is impossible to see changes since it acts like a giant file slooooooooooooooooooow to render. Is there a card I can install to drive my 2 monitors and that it has the feature?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Nov 30, 2008
What exact Mac model? "Power tower" can mean several things, starting with a PowerPC Tower. Does it have AGP, PCI, or PCIExpress video graphics slots?
B
Buko
Nov 30, 2008
It would help if we knew what computer you had.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Nov 30, 2008
Or more importantly what graphics card you have installed.
JM
J_Maloney
Nov 30, 2008
Best… computer… ever.

<http://lowendmac.com/power/towerpro.html>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 30, 2008
If I am guessing correctly, Manny probably has a G5 2 GHz Dual Processor computer with an AGP x8 Bus?

If that is correct, you would need a mutant NVidea 7800 GT video card which has been "flashed for Mac" to make the Open GL features of CS4 available to you.

Search Google for a supplier; or try AppleMacanix (who have an eBay store). I got mine from them and it has been fine.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections