W
Posted By
W._David_Black
Nov 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have talked to Adobe Tech support about this issue and have a ticket on the problem but that does not mean it is solved. I am using OSX 10.5.5 with Mac Pro. A major part of solving this problem is that it is intermittent. I have down loaded the latest drive for my Wacom Tablet. I have tried to cover all bases for the problem. (The only thing I have not changed is the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT card. I hope that is not the issue and Adobe did not seem to think it was an issue.)

I read a thread about Cocktail and used the program to empty caches but that did not make the problem permanently go away.

I thought it was just my brush and close tool but this afternoon I noticed that my selection tool had to select the horizontal guide and it was several pixels away from the blue guide. It would select the guide but not directly on the guide. Vertical guide selection was as normal by directly selecting the guide with the tool.

When I use the brush, the brush paints below the tool tip. It will not apply brush strokes directly on the cursor "x" tool tip.

This is very frustrating for retouching. I can’t do a selection with the wand tool because that tool is also misaligned.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 30, 2008
Is your mouse still connected? How does everything work with a mouse instead of your Wacom?

Neil
W
W._David_Black
Dec 3, 2008
Hello Neil, the mouse works fine. I am still having problems. Apparently, this is not a major issue with many because I have not received any other replies. Still happening with me.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 3, 2008
The NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT card has been reported by Adobe to be somewhat problematic with Open GL in CS4.

You could try installing the optional AllowOldGPUS.plugin; or you could try disabling Open GL entirely and see if either of those actions helps at all.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 3, 2008
Or it could be a Wacom driver issue.

Neil
B
Buko
Dec 3, 2008
I’m running the newest driver and don’t see a problem. but I’m in Tiger
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 3, 2008
Likewise, I have no problem with the latest Wacom Driver v.6.1.0-5 — and am also on OSX 10.4.11.

(But neither do I have the 7300GT card.)
JB
Jim_Brownlow
Dec 4, 2008
i’m having this same issue when using a mouse and/or my tablet. brush, lasso tool, path tool, etc are off by 5 or 6 pixels. pretty annoying when you are trying to outline something. pretty lame – shouldn’t have released if they didn’t have this major issue fixed.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 4, 2008
This does not appear to be a common problem — it seems to be something to do with your video card or the way that the Wacom driver works on your particular machine and operating System.

Might even be a damaged Tablet or Stylus?

How do you connect your Tablet to your Mac?
W
W._David_Black
Dec 4, 2008
Well, I am not clear as to your comment about "common problem" when there are thread responses that speak a little differently. I don’t have a dmanaged tablet or stylus because my Wacom tools work fine in Painter X.

I connect the tablet to the Mac using my Mac Pro. I have an Intuos 9×12 and have downloaded the latest driver from Wacom dated October 16, 2008, version 6.1.0-5.

I will agree that it might be a particular problem with this machine due to the Video card. I am going to try some suggestions by others on this thread.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 4, 2008
I have the same driver version and an older Intuos GT and it is connected through a powered USB Hub to a G5 running on OSX 10.4.11.

However, you are using the 7300 video card which Adobe has found to be problematical and which is not on their list of recommended cards for compatibility with OpenGL.

I use a 7800GT and am experiencing none of the problems of the type that you describe whatsoever.
B
Buko
Dec 4, 2008
I’m using an Intuos 3 with the new driver and a 7800GT video card I do not have this problem.
W
W._David_Black
Dec 4, 2008
Hello Ann Shelbourne, this might be my problem. I have deselected the Open GL in my preferences and it appears that my tools are working properly. I keep my fingers crossed that this solves the problem. In the past, the problem has been in and out as I open and close the application. Thanks for the input. Very appreciated.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 4, 2008
At least your Cursor is now accurate so I am glad that we solved the mystery — but it is a pity that your card deprives you from using OpenGL.
You may want to upgrade your card so that you can use that capability.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections