Postscan work: Autorotate scanned pics parallel to the canvas edges, make them aligned

L
Posted By
leonhard
Aug 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So as I dicovered that this forum is read by a lot of genuious people, I like to put up the question if there is a way within photoshop to autorotate scans in a way that they are parallel to the canvas edges?

I don’t have any sophisticated scanner driver which does the work for me and to rotate them by hand should be considerd for sure a superflous waste of time. If there’s no way to let photoshop do it, perhaps anybody could recommend a good plugin? Would be purely lovely.

Olaf

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 29, 2003
Photoshop Elements has this feature, although it cannot be automated to straighten multiple images. The feature doesn’t exist in Photoshop, and I HOPE they will have incorporated it into PS v8 when it is released. I put a request for such a feature in the feature request forum.

And I offered Chris Cox a LOT of expensive tequila to do it <grin>.

Peace,
Tony
GH
Gary Hummell
Aug 29, 2003
Be sure the feature is in PS 8 before you send the Tequila otherwise it may only rotate 85 or 87 or 92 degrees or whatever.<grin also>.
Gary
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 29, 2003
Good point Gary. But if it has the same or similar Deskew that Elements has, and is batchable, then here’s the shipping label:

<http://www.myoldyearbookcd.com/tests/tequila.gif>
DM
dave milbut
Aug 30, 2003
she-it tony. i totally forgot! i’ve been on vaca… i’ll test that out for you and let you know tomorrow dude. sorry!

dave
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 30, 2003
Dave,

No worries mate. I posted in the Elements Forum (which I should have done in the first place). It seems that there’s no way to automate the "straighten" function in PSE. Even if you *could* write an action for it (and I don’t think you can), it doesn’t appear that PSE has batch functions.

So I can only hope that it’s in v8, or I have to spend another $1,200 on stupid straightening software. I’d rather give the dough to Adobe (and the tequila to Chris <grin>).

Peace friend,
Tony

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections