LL
Posted By
Levi_Larsen
Jun 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there an option (as there is in Photoshop) in Elements to make a font appear in all caps though non capitolized letters are smaller than the rest?
Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 12, 2004
No. Sorry. Text is not PE’s thing, I’m afraid and its text-handling capabilities are pretty weak.
LL
Levi_Larsen
Jun 12, 2004
Bummer. Thanks for the reply.
CR
Chris_Rankin
Jun 13, 2004
Levi,
I’m not familiar with how Photoshop does it but there are a couple of ways that it could be done.
1. You could do it manually – that is, set your keyboard to Caps Lock then adjust your font size back and forth from the larger first letter to the smaller size for the non-cap letters. A little time consuming but not that bad.
2. There is a font out there that does exactly what you’re taling about, I know I’ve seen it but can’t find it right this instant. I’ll keep looking and will post it if I find it again.

Like Barb said, Elements isn’t real good at handling text but with a little (sometimes a lot of) effort you can usually come up with a work around.

CR
AT
Andrew_T_Turek
Jun 13, 2004
How about cut-and-paste from a word processor (Word if you must, WordPerfect if you understand quality) in which the text is in small caps?

No, that didn’t work. Back to the drawing board!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 13, 2004
Levi,

I was looking at new fonts a while back and some fonts actually were designed just the way you wanted. Maybe it would be worth checking out a few font sites … sorry I can’t remember which one I was using.

Wendy
LL
Levi_Larsen
Jun 14, 2004
Thanks all for your input. I did find some fonts with small caps but none that were free (yeah I’m being a cheapo here) and as I’d like. I would love anice sans serif simple all caps font. (for free) 😀
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 14, 2004
Did you try at <http://www.sketchpad.net>. I think it was Byron that suggested this site a few days ago. I think I saw a set or two with all caps but alas can’t think of a font name. Happy digging.

Terri

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections