RA
Posted By
Ronnie_Abrams
Jun 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to make Web buttons with photos on them, with PSE 2.0 I cut cars out of pictures and want to use them as web buttons, I have the cut outs the size I need them but a white border is around them when I save them and open them up in Webstudio software.
Thanks Ron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dick_Smith
Jun 14, 2004
Ron,

If you saved the cutouts as .jpg files they will have a border. You might try saving them as .gif files and clicking on "preserve transparency" in the procees.

I’ve done quite a few that way and they seem to work fine. You could even to two renditions of each button in different colors or hues and use a "mouse over" function so they change color when a viewer rests their mouse on the button.

Dick
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 15, 2004
Do you have a tutorial on how to do this?
I would *love* to learn how to make the mouse over buttons! I’ve seen the mouse over inverted pictures too, wonder if I could learn that. They go from black+white to color for example.
Thanks,
Jane
DS
Dick_Smith
Jun 15, 2004
Jane,

No, sorry I don’t have a tutorial for that. I figured out how to do it from the GoLive CIB.

Dick
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 15, 2004
Jane, I have a couple of books…’Complete Idiots Guide to’..’Creating A Web Page ‘( fifth edition) and ‘ Learn HTML in a weekend’ 4th edition, that a dear friend sent me. It’s really got everything you need to get started and be on your way. I think Amazon sells them in pairs this way as well. Once you start doing it and understanding it…it gets easier…almost ‘simple’. Lots of stuff on the internet too. I used both.
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 15, 2004
Hi Jodi, Thank you! is it the one by Paul McFedries, the 5th edition? If it is, I can get it for $8.
I do have several good books on HTML, that seems to come easy to me, but it’s the fancy programs that leave me in the dust.

This book from looking inside on Amazon, looks as if it is full of the info that I would want and need.
I think I shall order it right now, yes, its ordered.
Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 15, 2004
yes, that is the Author of the idiots book…it’s great ! Glad you got it..it will help alot….then you wont feel like an id…//you know 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections