JB
Posted By
John_Burkus
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
While trying to install a package of "free" add-ons (never again!) to Photoshop Elements 2 and then removing them all and re-installing Elements the Browser within Elements will not open any files. I am running Windows XP Home Edition. Any suggestions?
John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JB
John_Burkus
Jun 23, 2004
I found the answer by trial and error. In Elements go to Windows and click on "Reset Pallet Location".
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 23, 2004
Gosh John … you solved that one quickly.

What was your problem with the Add ons and which ones were they … maybe we have come across the problem before and can sort it out for you.

Wendy
JB
John_Burkus
Jun 23, 2004
Hi Wendy:

The add-ons that I downloaded were from:

<http://member.melbpc.org.au/~pshipley/>

His instructions say that one should unzip the downloaded file within PhotoshopElements.exe. I found that weird but I am no guru. I thought that one would send it to,say, C:/program files/photoshop elements. I can’t say for certain that my problem was as as result of my efforts to install the program or not. In any event, I am back to where I wanted to be.

Regards,

John
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 23, 2004
John,

I haven’t installed that one but I know that quite a few people here have. Hopefully one of them will be along soon and will be able to let you know how they did it. I seem to remember that there were some problems installing it.

Wendy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections